We are committed to improving environmental performance and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements, as well as delivering upon longer-term environmental sustainability objectives.
Our principal goal is to continually minimise our environmental impact and generation of waste in all its forms from our business operations, including the broader supply chain. We recognise the connection that our shareholder farmers have with the environment and support them through various programs.
Our environment policy and strategy guides the business in DOING THE RIGHT THING by the environment and the community, including:
- Setting performance standards for leading environmental practice in dairy food processing and integrating environmental management into all aspects of the work we do.
- Being compliant with environmental laws and regulations.
- Maximising resource efficiency.
- Monitoring our performance and setting measurable objectives and targets to drive significant improvement.
- Being open and responsive to our stakeholders, importantly our shareholder farmers and the community in which we operate.
- Providing effective resources and training to enable our employees to manage risks, be innovative and operate in a proactive environmental management manner.
Pollution Incident Response Management Plan
A Pollution Incident Response Management Plan (PIRMP) has been developed for our Erskine Park (NSW) manufacturing site to comply with the requirements introduced by the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011 (NSW). Click here to access the document.
Contact our Environment Care team
If you have an environmental query, you can contact us directly at one of our locations, or via our Environment Care number on 1800 228 384.